Purple 3D wall weaving

 

Purple weaving


I start doing weaving a few years back and I fell in love with it. It makes me feel so creative and happy.

I go to second hands stores and find different types of yarn and try to be very creative. I also use pieces of materials to give volume and a 3D effect.

This is what I tried to do here.

Materials:

  • Loom
  • Yarn – different types
  • Different crocheted I-cords
  • A purple scarf
  • Scissors
  • Needles

With purple yarn I made vertical strings on my loom – also known as warp. Then I start making tassels along the bottom.

To create tassels along the bottom, cut the length of your chosen yarn about 80 cm. Fold your yarn in half twice. You will be creating one tassel per peg. Thread the folded center over the first strand of warp and under the second then back up again.

Take the ends on the left side up and over the second strand of your warp and under the loop you’ve just created, feeding them through. This will be the start of your first knot. Keep pulling through towards the right until you have created your knot. Pull the tassel ends downward so that the knot ends up underneath the peg. Repeat this process for each peg until all the pegs have a tassel attached. For effect I made different sizes for the tassels. 

Use the scarf to make a wild flower or a bow. I just put it through 2-3 warps and made a knot in the right side of the weaving to balance the left side. Using different types of yarns or crocheted I-cords creates a powerful visual.

You can use tassels in the middle of weaving too.

With a needle start weaving the yarn into the warp by going under and over, or twice under and twice over. Using different types of yarn and different colors you get a 3 D feeling. Also, I-cords or other crocheted piece of material helps with that. 

Always be gentle with your weaving. Also, make tying knots along the top and the bottom to prevent your weaving from coming apart.

Last step is to attach a wooden dowel, copper pipe, branch, etc. Simply slip through the loops along the top and you are all done.

Happy weaving!



 

You are welcome to make and use this pattern as you wish, but please do not sell the pattern nor claim the pattern as your own.

You are welcome to sell any item made using this pattern, but please credit the designer.

Please link back to this page if you write about the pattern in any way.

 

 

You may not reproduce the photos, pattern or tutorial, either partially or in full, contained in this post without obtaining written permission from me first.
If you would like to produce your own photo tutorial, video tutorial or translation of this pattern, please get in touch with me to obtain permission first.
Thank you!

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts