The I-cord necklace

The I-cord necklace with beads

February is here. Most of us consider February the month of love because of Valentine’s Day. In Romania we started celebrating Valentine’s Day just some years back, but in my country, we have in February a celebration of love day on 24th. So enjoy love all February and all year long.

Make the day special by doing something unique or at least buying something unique.

I made this necklace to use it in different ways. It was very simple and looks so fancy and elegant. Is unique and you can make it in different colors. Use beads in contrast color so has a better effect.

Being a beginner in the crochet area I am still learning how to do an I-cord so I made this necklace with I-cord but knitted. It is very simple to make and doesn’t take a long time to do it.

The I-cord is a tube knitted in the round with two double-pointed needles.

Tutorial

Cast 3 stitches.

1.      Knit all the stitches from left to right, as you normally do. After knitting you have the yarn attached to the left of the stitches and the stitches are on the right hand needle. Slide the stitches from one end of the needle to the other end.

2.      Keep the needle in the same position and place it in your left hand. The yarn is far in the left stitches. Pull the yarn so that it is snug and then knit the 3 stitches from left to right needle. The only difference from a normal knitting is that the yarn is coming from the last stitch in the row instead the first of the row.

After you knit all the 3 stitches and you have them onto the right needle, slide the stitches from one end to the other. Repeat 2.

Repeat those 2 steps till your cord is long as you like it. Pull the yarn snug at the beginning of each row to have even stitches. Bind of at the end normally.
Sew the beads on the end of the cord. Have fun wearing it!


You are welcome to make and use this pattern as you wish, but please do not sell the pattern nor claim the pattern as your own.
You are welcome to sell any item made using this pattern, but please credit the designer.
Please link back to this page if you write about the pattern in any way.

You may not reproduce the photos, pattern or tutorial, either partially or in full, contained in this post without obtaining written permission from me first. 
If you would like to produce your own photo tutorial, video tutorial or translation of this pattern, please get in touch with me to obtain permission first. 
Thank you!


I welcome all comments and questions as long as they are spoken with kindness, and I will always try to extend the same respect to you with my replies. If I feel your comment is inappropriate I will delete it.

Comments

Popular Posts