Knitted 4th of July wreath

Knitted 4 of July wreath

I start liking doing wreaths, so I made one for Christmas. I actually started to make one for Christmas from leftover yarn and then I got stuck. I felt like something was missing. So a few days ago I so lots of 4th of July wreaths and I thought why not change my Christmas one for a 4th of July one.

This tutorial is easy to understand. All you need to know is how to knit and sew.

You will need:

-          Blue, white and red yarn
-          Round foam wreath
-          Safety pin
-          Red ribbon for hanging

I measure the foam wreath and I knit with red and white a piece of 73 cm x 19 cm. I made it from leftover yarn so I started with red and after I finished it I used red.

Cast 30 stitches
Knit every row.

As you can see each row is knitted. After you are done knitting you start sewing around the wreath. Because of your round wreath and square knitted piece you will get those nice folds. You can arrange them anyway you like.

The blue bow is knitted with also leftover yarn and is 20 cm x 26 cm.

Cast 40 stitches
Knit every row. 

Use the safety pin and make a bow on the short diagonal of the knitted piece. With the red ribbon fix the blue bow on the wreath and then make a longer loop for hanging.
Your 4th of July wreath is ready to hand on the door.
You can use it for Christmas with other decorations and without the blue bow. 


You are welcome to make and use this pattern as you wish, but please do not sell the pattern nor claim the pattern as your own.
You are welcome to sell any item made using this pattern, but please credit the designer.
Please link back to this page if you write about the pattern in any way.

You may not reproduce the photos, pattern or tutorial, either partially or in full, contained in this post without obtaining written permission from me first. 
If you would like to produce your own photo tutorial, video tutorial or translation of this pattern, please get in touch with me to obtain permission first. 
Thank you!


I welcome all comments and questions as long as they are spoken with kindness, and I will always try to extend the same respect to you with my replies. If I feel your comment is inappropriate I will delete it.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts