Modern Baby Blanket

Knitted modern Baby blanket


I was inspired to do this blanket by many photos that I saw on Ravelry. The pattern http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/moderne-baby-blanket is free and I started from this project but I had to adjusted when I started knitting because I wasn't sure if my left over yarn will be enough.

In the photo with the graphic you can see how I started the project with some dimensions and colors. Along the way it got changed.

I used size 6 knitting needles for my yarn and for grey and liliac I used 2 threads instead of one which I used for pink and light blue.

As you can see I have 4 colors: grey, pink, lilac and light blue. You can combine any colors you like. Be bold and play around!

My baby blanket is 100cm X 70cm and my son loves it.
Always pick up and bind of stitches on the RS.

1. Using grey cast 30 stitches and knit 30 rows.

2.  Using lilac continue knitting those 30 stitches for 60 rows. Close it.

On the graphic you can see arrows and numbers so you can know the way you have knit. The number on the arrow is the number of the block and also the order you have to knit.

3. Using light blue pick up 76 stitches from block 1 and 2 and knit 60 rows and then finish it.

4. Using pink pick up 72 stitches from blocks 1 and 3. Knit 24 rows.

5. Using grey continue to knit the 72 stitches for 12 rows.

6. Using lilac pick up 96 stitches from blocks 5, 4, 3 and knit 12 rows. Finish it.

7. Using light blue pick up 96 stitches from the blocks 1,2,5,4 and knit 12 rows. Finish it.

8. Using grey pick up 95 stitches from blocks 7,2,3,6 and knit 13 rows.

9. Using pink continue knitting those 95 stitches for 6 rows. Finish it.

10. Using lilac pick up 112 stitches from blocks 7,8,9 and knit for 10 rows.

11. Continue knitting 112 stitches with pink for 13 rows. Finish it.

12. Using light blue pick up 115 stitches from blocks 11,10,9 and knit 12 rows.

13. Using lilac continue knitting those 115 stitches for 6 rows. Finish it.

14. Using grey pick up 130 stitches from blocks 11,12,13 and knit 3 rows. Finish it.

15. Using pink pick up 122 stitches from blocks 6,8,9,12,13 and knit 9 rows. Finish it.

16. Using light blue pick up 130 stitches from blocks 14,11,10,7,5,6,15 and knit 11 rows. Finish it.

Using lilac I made a simple crochet border so it binds better all the colors.

Because of my different yarn size I had to pick up stitches, knit and then start all over again because the block was too tight or too loose. This blanket was my way to learn about knitting and picking up stitches so is not perfect. With different yarn could be other number of stitches. I hope you like it.

Enjoy knitting and crocheting!

Knitted modern Baby blanket




You are welcome to make and use this pattern as you wish, but please do not sell the pattern nor claim the pattern as your own.
You are welcome to sell any item made using this pattern, but please credit the designer.
Please link back to this page if you write about the pattern in any way.

You may not reproduce the photos, pattern or tutorial, either partially or in full, contained in this post without obtaining written permission from me first. 
If you would like to produce your own photo tutorial, video tutorial or translation of this pattern, please get in touch with me to obtain permission first. 
Thank you!


I welcome all comments and questions as long as they are spoken with kindness, and I will always try to extend the same respect to you with my replies. If I feel your comment is inappropriate I will delete it.


Comments

Popular Posts