Stripes baby blanket

Knitted stripes baby blanket


My idea to learn to crochet or knitting is to do a baby blanket. It is a big square of yarn which helps you to practice the pattern you want to learn. Is like a big wash cloth.

You can make a baby blanket from leftover yarn or new yarn, any color combination or any pattern combination.

This simple blanket is made out of leftover yarn and in stripes. I always loved stripes. I used 7 different colors and goes great as a Christmas gift for a baby little girl or a boy if he likes the colors.

My boy loves red and he loves this modern baby blanket with pink, purple and blue. I think he likes it because I made it for him.

For this blanket you need knitting needles and yarn. If you don’t have so many colors like I had, you can use less. The stripes don’t have a pattern because I just made them along the way depending on the leftover yarn.

Directions:

Cast 140 stitches.
With first color knit first row. Purl the second one.
The pattern is very simple: 1 row purl, 1 row knit and then repeat this pattern till you end the blanket. The rule is to change the color when you start to knit a row not when you purl the row.

Because this pattern will curl the blanket I made a border for the blanket. Using a different color for each side I knitted this pattern for 2 sides:
-          Knit2,purl2,knit2,purl2,...
-          Purl2,knit,2purl2,knit2...
You can make the border as wide as you want. For my 2 sides did 10 rows.
For the other 2 sides I knitted 10 (pink) and 6 (yellow) rows because I finished all my yarn.
You can make your border the same if you have enough yarn.

So, here is my stripes baby blanket made with leftover yarn.
Enjoy knitting!





You are welcome to make and use this pattern as you wish, but please do not sell the pattern nor claim the pattern as your own.
You are welcome to sell any item made using this pattern, but please credit the designer.
Please link back to this page if you write about the pattern in any way.

You may not reproduce the photos, pattern or tutorial, either partially or in full, contained in this post without obtaining written permission from me first. 
If you would like to produce your own photo tutorial, video tutorial or translation of this pattern, please get in touch with me to obtain permission first. 
Thank you!


I welcome all comments and questions as long as they are spoken with kindness, and I will always try to extend the same respect to you with my replies. If I feel your comment is inappropriate I will delete it.




Comments

Popular Posts