4 colors knitted scarf for a child

4 colors knitted scarf for a child

The first time I saw this amazing post I wanted to try this pattern. As you can see it looks great and is not very difficult to do. I did not have her yarn, but I tried to do a scarf for my son with the yarn I bought last year. I was inspired by her pattern but for my son’s scarf I had to change it a little bit. 

Abbreviations:

K – knit
P – purl
YO – yarn over
K2TOG – knit 2 together

Materials:

-          4 colors of Cap crochet yarn Beanie Style 50g (200g) – blue, grey ,black and red
-          Knitting needles size 6
-          Scissors

Directions:

With blue cast 33 stitches.
1.       K,P,K,P,….K  and repeat  19  times. Each edge will be 20 rows.
2.       Knit 6 rows.
3.       K3,YO,K2TOG,K3….K3
4.       Repeat step 2
5.       K3,YO,K2TOG,K2TOG,YO,K3….
6.       Repeat steps 2 and 3
7.       Change color when blue yarn is finish and repeat steps 2 and 3.
8.       Change color when grey yarn is finish and repeat steps 2 and 3.
9.       Change color when black yarn is finish and repeat steps 2 and 3.
To get the exact edge and pattern when you knit with red yarn measure it with the blue one to see how many times you need to repeat 2 and 3 steps.
10.   Repeat step 2
11.   Repeat step 5
12.   Repeat  steps 2 and 3
13.   Repeat step 2
14.   K,P,K…
15.   Repeat step 14 till you finish the red yarn.
Cast off and weave ends.


This wrap is on “My to do” list. I need to find some yarn for it and then I will give it a go.
Happy knitting!

You are welcome to make and use this pattern as you wish, but please do not sell the pattern nor claim the pattern as your own.
You are welcome to sell any item made using this pattern, but please credit the designer.
Please link back to this page if you write about the pattern in any way.

You may not reproduce the photos, pattern or tutorial, either partially or in full, contained in this post without obtaining written permission from me first. 
If you would like to produce your own photo tutorial, video tutorial or translation of this pattern, please get in touch with me to obtain permission first. 
Thank you!


I welcome all comments and questions as long as they are spoken with kindness, and I will always try to extend the same respect to you with my replies. If I feel your comment is inappropriate I will delete it.





Comments

Popular Posts