Crocheted headband

Crocheted headband with moss stitch


I am learning to crochet and I found out that I like it. A few years back I tried and because I couldn’t manage to do anything I didn’t like it. Now, with patience, a lot of patience, I learned a new stitch: Moss stitch

This video is very easy to follow and understand. With this stitch I made a headband. I also started another project that I will present when is done. All I can say is that I really like this stitch and can’t wait to try another one.

This headband is great for spring or autumn, when you go hiking or is very windy. You can make a few and give them for Christmas to your family. They will be very happy.

SC – single crochet
CH - chain

Materials:

-          Yarn
-          4 mm crochet
-          Scissors
-          Yarn needle

Directions:

1.       Chain 20 stitches. For this stitch you need an even number.

2.       SC in the 2nd CH from the hook, CH, skip 1 CH, SC in the next CH, till the end. With the moss stitch we are gone end each row with a single crochet so we have a nice edge. Turn.

3.       CH, SC in the first stitch, SC, CH, SC….SC in the last stitch. Turn

4.       SC, CH, SC, CH….Turn.

5.       Repeat 3 and 4 until you are done.

My headband is 52cm (20.5 inch) long.

Now it is time to make the border. Start from the back where you put the band together and crochet 2 rows of SC on each side.

Have fun crocheting like I do!




You are welcome to make and use this pattern as you wish, but please do not sell the pattern nor claim the pattern as your own.
You are welcome to sell any item made using this pattern, but please credit the designer.
Please link back to this page if you write about the pattern in any way.


You may not reproduce the photos, pattern or tutorial, either partially or in full, contained in this post without obtaining written permission from me first.
If you would like to produce your own photo tutorial, video tutorial or translation of this pattern, please get in touch with me to obtain permission first.
Thank you!


I welcome all comments and questions as long as they are spoken with kindness, and I will always try to extend the same respect to you with my replies. If I feel your comment is inappropriate I will delete it.



Comments

Popular Posts