Spiral rope bracelet

Spiral rope bracelet


I am making a crocheted spiral rope which I will use for a decoration. It took me a while to get it but in the end I managed to learn it. For a person which is a beginner it is difficult but in the end is just what you need.

Because English is not my first language be patient with me. I will try to explain it as good as I can. I learnt watching this video. She is a great teacher and her video explains very well this type of rope. Always give credit.

This spiral rope is great if you like making bags. I tried it for a bracelet, a simple spiral rope bracelet. It took me a few times but after I figured how it works I managed to finish a bracelet.
Materials:
  • -        Yarn
  • -        Crochet

Directions:

You need to understand from the beginning that the good side is inside the rope and the wrong side is outside. You will be confused at the beginning because all the stitches are so wrong placed.
Most of the times you place the stitch in front or in the back of the loop. For this spiral cord you will add the stitch to the horizontal bar created when you crocheted the basic stitch. It is connecting the two stitches.

So let start our bracelet.

1.      Make a magic ring and add 4 single crochets. Start a little loose so you could see the horizontal bar.
2.      Crochet the first row – one stitch per stitch

3.      Now we start with the horizontal bar -  you will create a single crochet right onto the horizontal bar
4.      Keep crocheting one single crocheted onto each horizontal bar as long as you want the spiral rope to be

5.      Crochet the last row – one stitch per stitch

6.      Close the ring and finish the work.


I left at the beginning and end 20 cm long yarn and I crocheted a chain. It will help you tight your bracelet on your hand.
My bracelet is 31 cm long. The spiral cord is 19 cm long. It looks great on my hand.
Happy crocheting!

  
 
Spiral rope bracelet
You are welcome to make and use this pattern as you wish, but please do not sell the pattern nor claim the pattern as your own.
You are welcome to sell any item made using this pattern, but please credit the designer.
Please link back to this page if you write about the pattern in any way.

You may not reproduce the photos, pattern or tutorial, either partially or in full, contained in this post without obtaining written permission from me first.
If you would like to produce your own photo tutorial, video tutorial or translation of this pattern, please get in touch with me to obtain permission first.
Thank you!




I welcome all comments and questions as long as they are spoken with kindness, and I will always try to extend the same respect to you with my replies. If I feel your comment is inappropriate I will delete it.

Comments

Popular Posts