Cross stitch skirt for running

Bucovina Run

Learning how to cross stitch is easy. I did that when I was 8 – 9 years old. My mom taught me. It was a great time to spend together. Cross stitch is it is one of the easiest forms of hand embroidery to learn. Cross stitch is comprised of X-shaped stitches done on fabric with an even and open weave like Aida or linen.

Some advices when you are doing cross stitch:

  •         Don’t pull the stitch so tight that they warp the fabric or leave them so loose that they gap.
  •         Don’t make long jumps across the back of your fabric with the thread because they might show through on the front.
  •         Buy all your supplies for a project at the start.
  •         Every once in a while, let your needle and thread hang freely to let it unwind.

Here is my personal project for running competitions. I started running last year in the summer and I fell in love with it. I also manage a running page Bucovina Run, in which I want to make people run and fell in love with running like I did.

So, for the last charity running contest I made myself a type of a skirt where I could put my contest number. Once, I had it on my leg and when I went to peep in the forest I broke it and some other time I had it on my belly and I broke it with my hands. So, thought like an original traditional skirt with a traditional cross stitch model from Bukovina will look amazing.

I hope you like it. I love it and I can’t wait to run again with my skirt. Have fun cross stitching!   

Comments

Popular Posts